We have a lot to be thankful for! 2022 was an awesome year! We were able to lead missions to:
- Casa Berea and Rancho La Hermosa Orphanage in Primo Tapia, Mexico
- San Jose de la Zorra, Mexico to minister to the Kumaia Indians.
- Malawi, Africa, where we sponsored our first water well, dedicated dozens of others, showed the Jesus Film to thousands, and saw hundreds make a decision for Jesus.
We continued to support missionaries:
- Micah and Karissa Adams in the Amazon Region of Bolivia
- Lydia Goeglein serving with Missions to the World in Bulgaria
- Aaron Astorga leading the Casa Berea Discipleship Program in Primo Tapia, Mexico
- Greg and Sarah Goeglein serving Operation Mobilization in Atlanta, Georgia
- Dave and Shannon Edmondson, founders of Rancho La Hermosa Orphanage in Primo Tapia, Mexico
Check our website at www.beachchurch.net/missionaries for more information.
We enjoyed serving locally:
- On the Beach Outreach to the homeless and beach community in Santa Monica, California
- Redondo Pier Outreach through evangelism and prayer
Our Thursday Night Bible Study has been thriving! It has been tremendous to be a part of it, seeing so many read, study the Word, and grow in the knowledge of the Lord. (2 Peter 1:2-3)
Our annual COTB Christmas Party was a big hit! Almost a 100 people filled the Russell’s backyard, fellowshipping and enjoying tasty food from the taco cart. Afterwards, about 30 0f us went caroling down the street and brought Christmas cheer and hope.
We had our first COTB Christmas Eve Service! What a joy it was to worship and celebrate our Lord’s birth as the sun set over the ocean on a stellar winter day.
And the Lord has continued to bless our spot on El Porto Beach! I am so thankful to be able to preach the Word, worship, and fellowship on the beach.
As we begin 2023, let’s set our sights on bringing hope to a world that is losing hope. Pray about getting involved in our many opportunities to serve. God will equip you where He leads you. “We are His workmanship, created to do good works that He prepared in advance.” (Ephesians 2:10) Let us make ourselves available to the Lord. Let’s be all in for Jesus to do whatever, whenever, wherever, with whomever. Let’s make a difference for Jesus!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” –Isaiah 6:8
“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” –Luke 10:2
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” –Romans 15:13
Because of His mercy,